Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Farewell to Beer

Something scary has been happening to me lately. I have seen the scale creeping back up there and I think I know why. Let's be brutally honest, I know exactly why. I am not blaming one thing for everything but it is a lot of little things that have come together to make my success fall away.

I have had a couple falls, I had one in May off my bike, then I have fallen a couple times this past week on my rollerblades. I haven't been going to the gym because my hip has been hurting, but it is mostly an excuse and I am making myself accountable for it now. I can still go and work out, even if it is not at the level I was doing before, I can still make the effort. I need to be doing my weight training most of all and also I need my cardio. Also when I work out I am more likely to make good choices when eating.


My other nemesis has been BEER. I have become addicted to Granville Island Raspberry Ale. It is so good!!! Me and beer have had a long term relationship but it has never been this good. I have had beers here and there, mostly in the summer time but there is something about raspberry beer that just speaks to me. The local brew pub gave me my first taste.
They even have these jugs that you can take some home with you! And they go flat fairly quick so you have to drink lots of it! Well I had a bit of a falling out with the brew pub (long story but it has to do with a policy change on their pizza ordering which is also a good thing since I shouldn't be eating pizza anymore either). So for a while there I was off the beer and doing very well with my fitness. Then Granville Island had to come out with a raspberry beer.
And it was all downhill from there. I have been drinking way too many and it is starting to show in my belly! So I am making it official. Beer and I are THROUGH!!! I am making another commitment to my health and fitness and I am serious!

I have my bridesmaids dress to fit into, only just under 3 months to go! It is still small around the bust so I might have to have it altered a bit, but I am going to do my best to get as close to my goal as I can and to know that I gave it my all!

So beer, it's been swell but we have to call it a day.




2 comments:

  1. haha enjoyed the pic montogue of the Beer holding! haha Good for you and quitting beer! I just switched from MGD to Canadian Sublime (67 Cal Beer with Lemon and Lime Flavor)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I was surprised at how many pics of me drinking beer that I have. Time for a change for sure. When I do decide to have a drink I'll keep it to something light and something that doesn't tempt me as much.

    ReplyDelete