Thursday, June 16, 2011

Protein


Since I have gotten distracted from posting, I thought I would write a few posts about protein. I have been a vegetarian for the past 8 months so protein levels are something that is concern to me. Some days I seem to make my target effortlessly, and other days it is a struggle. So I thought I would research a few different protein rich foods and report back about them. Some of the foods that interest me are:
  • Lentils
  • Quinoa
  • Beets
  • Almonds
  • Hemp Seeds
  • Black Beans
  • Tempeh
I plan to learn more about them and incorporate them more into my meal plan over the next month. I have been thinking about tweaking my menus for a while and I think this is a good way to go about it.

Stay tuned for more on this subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment