Thursday, December 30, 2010

End of Year Review

I have had no time for blogging, and I miss it. I enjoy rambling on about my journey and all the steps along the way. I feel that I have stalled a bit with my progress, but I have not really back slid so that is okay too.


I have had a lot of success in 2010, I started getting serious about my health and fitness in April and since then I have lost over 30 lbs (I didn't weigh in until a month after I started so my MFP total is 27lbs but I know I lost some before I joined) and I feel so much more in tune with my body and the amount of food that I need to eat in a day with the tools available on this website.

I have also transitioned into being a vegetarian. I haven't eaten beef in over a year since I don't really like the taste and have since decided to make the commitment to being a vegetarian. I have done some reading about the impact of factory farming and eating meat in general and I have also watched several documentaries on the subject and I feel this is the right choice for me. I have thought about becoming vegan, but I really do love cheese. I don't eat any other type of dairy really and I try to eat organic cheese when I can. I encourage you to educate yourself about where your food comes from, we can all make better choices to try and keep this world cleaner for our children.

I found that I missed eating turkey dinner on Christmas, but I had a very satisfying meal with all the veggies that were on the table. My Mom made me a quinoa salad as well that was very yummy. I had a negative experience with my Aunt, she asked me what I was aiming for with my weight loss. She had a disdaining tone about her. I explained that I have been working very hard and that I no longer eat meat. She told me that was "disgusting". I couldn't believe that someone could be so rude, but that is the way things go sometimes.

So I plan to keep up my good work in the new year, but I need to kick back up on the exercising. It has been pretty cold for me to go out walking at lunch, but I need to figure something out, whether it be Wii Fit, going to a gym, swimming, skiing. Of course I will most likely do a combination of all of these things, with a little rollerblading and biking thrown in, but the point is that I have to make it more of a priority. I can't get lazy now that I am so close to my first goal, time to make it happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment