Thursday, August 26, 2010

Getting There

Well I am proud of my efforts to get back on track so far. Yesterday wasn't perfect, but I consider it a huge success. I drank more than 2 L of water, I logged my meals, I did pretty well even though a friend came over and I had 2 glasses of wine. I got back on to my situps challenge and today I did my squats challenge.

I am starting to get nervous about my upcoming surgery, it is happening 3 weeks from Friday. That is a good amount of time to get back into my healthy habits so that the downtime will not affect me too much I think. Then 2 weeks after the surgery I go to disneyworld. I am really hoping that I will be better by then, the Dr said it should take about a week to recover so I am hoping it all works out. I am going to stock up on a bunch of healthy foods, books and movies and just relax and try to do a small amount of walking gradually to get back on track.

I had a nice breakfast today, I really love my organic flax frozen waffles, they are so good! Then I had vega and a few almonds. I have really missed my almonds as well. I have a big bag of them in my food drawer and I will start back on eating a few of them with each meal or snack. I am almost finished my first water for today so that is 1L down and 1 to go! If I can get back up to 3L a day soon I will be happy.

The weather is gloomy here, it was raining this morning so I didn't think I would get out for my lunch time walk, but now it just seems cloudy so I think I will head out and walk!

2 comments:

  1. I had my tubes tied as well, it was no big deal. I am done having kids as well. Great to hear you are getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had a c-section so I have already been through something similar (I think) so I am hoping for the best. Plus I am in pretty good shape right now so that should make recovery easier :)

    ReplyDelete