Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Fresh Start

It has only been two weeks but it feels like forever since the breakup, semi-reconciliation and the destruction of all the healthy habits that I have built up since April 15th. In a way it is really great that I am acknowledging it now and not waiting until I have gained back all the weight that I lost. I have said a few times over the past few weeks that "Today is the day!" but today really is the day that I get back on track. I need to let myself know that I will not be able to just jump right back in where I was before, but that baby steps are the key to getting where I want to go.


Today I am going to go out for a walk at lunch time, then I am going to pick up the sit ups challenge again. I am going to try and see if I can pick up where I left off, but I may have to repeat some of the work. I am also going to drink 2L of water, which is 2 fill ups of my water bottle. I had a healthy breakfast, I am going to have a snack soon, then I have planned a healthy lunch. I am going to hit up the grocery store later and get some veggies and a few other things to fuel my body with in the upcoming days until payday.

Evenings are the hardest for me, and since things have been super stressful, I have been telling myself that I "deserve" a treat. Well treat time is over, treats just make me feel lethargic and bad about myself and lead to self destructive behaviours. It is hard to get back into working out when I feel so tired. It is hard to get used to sleeping by myself, I still keep waking up at like 5:30 in the morning every day. A friend suggested that I should just try getting up at that time. If things don't change then I just might start doing that, getting up and getting on my bike.

Well I will check in again tomorrow to see how things went today, no matter what happens I am making myself accountable, and I am going to focus on the things that I have done right, and just keep working on the areas that I need to improve on. I am just really starting to see all my hard work pay off, I don't want to let it all fall apart now, and I will NOT let that happen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment