Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sigh

I am feeling a bit frustrated today, I am super close to the overweight BMI, only 1.5 lbs to go. I didn't have a perfect weekend but I went back on and logged everything and I was not too bad either. I feel like I have stalled again and I don't really know why. I guess it is pretty common to stall every now and again but it doesn't make it feel any better to me.


Last night I went out for dinner with my bf, he ordered a bacon cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate shake. I had an Asian chicken salad (Check it out if you are in BC). My salad was so delicious! I was tempted by the idea of having a couple of John's fries but when I did I found that they really didn't taste as good as my salad. I had my dressing on the side and only used half of it and it was more than enough. I did have a cookies and cream Hershey bar for dessert but I had enough calories left so I thought it was ok.

I know I need to kick back up the exercise a bit but you would think that with the amount of exercise that I am doing and since I have mostly been keeping within my calories that I would still lose or at least maintain, but I have not been seeing that on the scale. I even measured and I am not losing inches either.

I will admit that my first thought is to just give up. I don't know why our bodies are hardwired to think this way. I KNOW that I need to keep this up, things will only get worse if I give up but still. . .

I just finished my last dose of Vega. Meal replacements are a lot easier than planning out what to eat each day. I find that it is so much easier to just have to worry about snacks and not whole meals. Money is also tight until payday so I am going to try and eat what I have. I went out and bought some almond milk, cereal, 12 grain bread, some tuna and a can of salt free soup. I am going to start keeping a food journal (in a book) for my son also. His Dad doesn't feed him very well and he has some medical issues with headaches, abdominal pain and vomiting. He is about 10 lbs or so overweight so the Drs don't really take what is going on too serious. Maybe if I can show that he is on a healthy diet they will start to listen to me. Also maybe this will kick start his Dad into feeding him a bit better when he is over there.

I need to blast myself out of this funk, get lots of exercise this week and do my best with diet using the foods that I have. I need to remember that I didn't put this weight on overnight and it will take time to come off as well. I am doing what is best for my health and my life and the rest will fall into place eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment